Few things are crazier than Manhattan’s crowded streets on a burning hot summer’s day. When you find yourself between museum visits or brunches dates, head over to the rooftops. But which one? So many of the best rooftop bars in NYC are hiding just around the corner.
Whether you prefer a Parisian loft feel, an open-air restaurant, an Art Deco-styled pool bar or just a relaxing bar to unwind, Manhattan can deliver the perfect respite from the madness on the streets below. It’s a fact that New York City is home to some of the most beautiful, fun bars in the world. They are perfect oasis during the warm summer months. Just imagine yourself sitting on a rooftop after moving with your local movers NYC, taking in the city skyline while sipping on a signature cocktail. Check out our list of the best rooftop bars in NYC!
1. The Roof at Park South
If you’re looking for strong drinks and great views, Roof at Park South is the place to go. You can enjoy the beautiful views of the NYC skyline in style. This bar is super comfortable year-round because of the shade umbrellas in summer and fireplaces during the winter. This bar is on our best rooftop bars in NYC list because it has a charming, lively environment without the crowds. Perfect for a night out with friends who’ll be tasting some delish, unique cocktails.
2. Best Rooftop Bars in NYC: Mr. Purple
This might be the hippest location in town. It stands on top of the Hotel Indigo. The truth is that it has a reputation as a place to “be seen”. However, trust your piano movers NYC when you visit it, you’ll see that the environment is surprisingly unpretentious.
- Taste signature cocktails by the pool or while enjoying the 360-view of the city. If that isn’t the best rooftop bars in NYC material, we don’t know what isn’t!
- On another note, if you were thinking of dancing, you’ll find no dance floor here, so visit Mr.Purple for intimate conversations rather than a memorable night out.
- Its charm is artsy yet still low-key, so it pulls in a younger crowd with that singles ready to mingle vibe. Breathtaking sunset views, unique cocktails, New York’s pretty young singles—there’s nothing quite as fun as a rooftop bar in the Lower East Side during the summer.
- Reserve your high-top tables and try out their flatbreads, oysters, and other yum bites. We recommend their signature cocktail! The GG Manhattan with Woodford Reserve bourbon, carpano antica vermouth, and angostura bitters. Enjoy the night!
3. Best Rooftop Bars in NYC: Zerzura
This bar makes you think you’ve teleported out of the craziness of the city and into a sunny oasis. Sip cocktails out of real coconuts and grab some light Mediterranean tapas. Zerzura is full of green with its leafy plants and it has bold decor. Enjoy the views of the famous Meatpacking District and the legendary Hudson River from various advantage points. They have a garden, wrap-around balcony, or outdoor terrace, so take your pick!
4. La Piscine
Accessing this bar is thrilling, but we should warn you – it might excite some people too much! You’ll have to get on an external glass elevator to get to the top of the Hotel Americano. But then you’ll be able to relax your nerves with a delicious cocktail. This exciting bar has lots to offer: live music, DJ nights, a swimming pool that’s four feet deep, and great views of Chelsea. If you happen to have a flexible schedule, the rooftop pool and bar at the Hotel Americano in Chelsea is the most fun on a weekday afternoon, when crowds are non-existent! If you make a sun lounger reservation, you can and take a dip in La Piscina (see what we just did there?). Emerge into full enjoyment by staying over for a late lunch. We certainly recommend the shrimp tacos and frozen margaritas. Yum!
5. Best Rooftop Bars in NYC: Loopy doopy rooftop bar
This bar is emerging as one of the best rooftop bars in NYC since it has become a trendy spot in the Financial District. You can, as they say, rub elbows with Wall Street’s most influential people in an environment that is surprisingly not stuffy. Enjoy some of the coolest angles of the Hudson and the Statue of Liberty looking out from this hot spot. Be sure to try their signature and very pretty home-made recipe: People’s Pop submerged in a glass of Prosecco.
6. Berry Park
Not even a little rain could stop New Yorkers from stepping out onto this roof. Don’t miss one of the best rooftop bars in NYC even on a cloudy day – this Brooklyn establishment has a retractable glass roof. Which means they are open rain or shine. This place has a modern beer pub feel, serving mostly German and Belgian brews on tap. The menu consists of very filling dishes like bratwurst, mac & cheese, and pork schnitzel. It is the best bar to sit down and read our tips on how to deduct moving expenses. Nowhere else can you spy on NYC on the East River and enjoy sauerkraut at the same time.
7. 1 Rooftop Garden and Bar 1 Hotel, Brooklyn
- One of the most recent entrants on the best rooftop bars in NYC scene, 1 Rooftop Garden and Bar has an open-air pool and it has been stealing the crowds from the competition on Friday evenings. It offers views of downtown Manhattan with Lady Liberty standing out in the horizon. Expect long lines in the hotel lobby at peak hours.
- This is an ideal spot for people wanting to explore nightlife outside of downtown Manhattan and Williamsburg. However, we must disappoint you. If you’re not a guest in the 1 Hotel, the pool will be strictly out of bounds. So don’t wear a bikini in this bar. However, if you are visiting New York, consider staying in one of their rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. The hotel has a hip ground floor Neighbors cafe, which has views of the Brooklyn Bridge Park. The bar has just made its debut on Memorial weekend.
From sky-high cocktail lounges to a surf-themed chill bar, these are the rooftops we’re glad to raise a glass to this summer. If you need packing services, feel free to contact Tik Tok Moving! Then choose one of the best rooftop bars in NYC and enjoy the weather. Whether you want to swim in a pool with a boomerang shape or just relax surrounded with plush chaise lounges, either way, you will find yourself in a beautiful wraparound New York terrace, so Carpe Diem!