If you are wondering about how to make extra space in your storage unit, you have come to the right place. Our moving company knows a lot about moving, storage, and relocation and we will be more than happy to help you out. There are some things you can do if you need additional space in your storage. After all, modern relocation has come down to having more space to work with. Our guide will provide you with some of the long-sought answers for your storage questions. Moreover, we hope that our solutions will end up helping you a lot for your upcoming move. In any case, let us see what you can do to make more storage space.
How to make extra space in your storage unit – easy ways
First and foremost, this will depend on the size of your storage container. The bigger your container, the more space you can free inside of it. If you do this, you will ensure that your moving day goes according to plan. Here is what you can do:
- Use everything to your advantage. You should use the storage container to maximize the space you can get out of it. So, a good idea would be to place your items inside vertically. This will provide more space because you will be utilizing the walls and not the floor. Moreover, you can even save up to 50% of your storage unit if you do this properly. Contact the best Queens movers and they can tell you more about this one. Remember, you can do it only if you really wish to. If you do not want to do it, or if you have enough space already, there is no point in doing that.
- Heavy items on the bottom, never on the top. This should go without saying, but you should place your heavy items on the bottom and never on the top. Imagine entering your storage only to see that your piano is 5ft up in the air? This would be pointless, if not outright impossible to do, right? So, even if you need to save space, make sure that the order in your storage remains the same. This will mean a lot for you and your relocation, so keep this on your mind at all times. This is not the same as knowing how to store shoes safely – a lot more is at stake.
Is there something else you need to pay attention to?
No matter how much space you wish to save, you will still need to do several things. Here are some of the most useful tips and tricks when making enough space in your storage is concerned.
- Make sure you can access your items easily. One of the worst storage mistakes, in general, you can make is to make your storage unit crowded. If you make a pathway between your stored items, you could access more of them easier. Of course, you can also make that to save some space. A good idea is to make a mini-maze you can traverse, but also make sure that your heavy items are always on the bottom. It is easier to move the items from the top of them than to overthink if your heavy items will crush your lighter ones. You will not be able to relax after a household relocation if you do not do that.
- Place the items you might need close to the entrance of your storage unit. This goes without saying – you might need some items from your storage unit. Thus, you should make sure that you do not have to take out everything just to get a single item. Make an assumption about which items you will need and place them close to the entry of your storage unit. Also, if you find some of the best packing supplies Queens NY offers, you will have no trouble with getting your items out of your storage. The better you pack it, the safer it is for the item to remain in storage and the easier it is to get it out.
Make extra space in your storage unit with these tips
There are some other ways you can make extra space in your storage unit. For example, you can always do this:
- Store a storage unit inside a storage unit. Of course, you should get some storage boxes for this one. Storage bins, baskets, and all other easy-to-use storage items will be helpful when this one is concerned.
- Utilize shelves and some furniture. You can stack your smaller items on top of your bigger ones. However, you can also use shelves, tables, and so on, to place your items on top of them. That way, you will end up saving some valuable space.
- Talk to your storage provider for some tips. You can always talk to your storage providers to help you out with this one. Storage space is really valuable and we are certain that they will be able to help you out.
Yes, there is always something else you will need to keep on your mind. We have mentioned that you might want to talk with your storage providers about some extra storage space. Well, you can also talk to them before you rent out their storage. That way, they might send a representative to estimate the size of the storage you will need for your belongings. Remember, it is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when storage is concerned. Even if you do not end up using your storage space to its maximum, your items will be safe inside. This goes for all of your items, so keep this on your mind at all times.
Make extra space in your storage unit – conclusion
Overall, you can make extra space in your storage unit in several different ways. Make sure to read about the method that interests you the most and implement it during your next move. Believe us, they are really useful. Good luck!