The Bronx has seen a lot of improvement in the past few years. Next to cheap real estate prices and more and more friendlier neighbors, it is slowly becoming one of the most popular boroughs of New York. This alone is enough for you to stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx, as you are doing the right thing. To make this life event go smoothly we can recommend the greatest Bronx movers. In order for you to be calm and in a good mood, it is essential that everything is done properly and on time. Hence, we have prepared a list of things you should do.
Start on time to stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx
Definitely one of the best ways to stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx is to start your moving preparations on time. With a local move, you should start preparing 6-8 weeks ahead. On the other hand, international moves take a little bit longer, so you should start at least 12 weeks earlier. If you play this smart, your moving will be a piece of cake, and there is not a chance that you will be caught off guard. Make the ultimate pre-move checklist and stick to it.
Choose a reliable moving company
There is no better way to keep your spirits up than hiring competent movers. Ask a friend for a recommendation. Check out the online reviews for the moving company. Additionally, you should not hire the first moving company that you think is okay. Compare moving quotes from at least 5 different moving companies. Then choose the one that fits your needs best and enjoy it. We know with certainty that movers in Jackson Heights NY can live up to anyone`s expectations.
Deduct moving expenses
With every move, it is important that you are not overcharged. Be aware of the tips for saving money, as they will significantly influence the final moving bill. Nobody wants to give more money than it is necessary. There are so many great things that you can spend your money on. Plus we are certain that this will help you stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx.
- Downsize before you move to the Bronx – Moving to the Bronx is a perfect opportunity to downsize and get rid of absolutely every item that you do not use anymore. This includes old clothes you haven`t worn in a few years. It also includes duplicate items that you do not need, just keep the ones in better condition. Finally, throw away everything that is torn or malfunctioning. If you are moving to a small apartment, this is the number one tip.
- DIY – If you are not in much of a hurry, consider doing as many things as you can without hiring help. Packing and unpacking on your own, for example, are a great way to save some money. You can call your friends or relatives to help you, and just order pizza for all.
- Package supplies – Before heading off to an improvement store to purchase packing supplies, check out what you already have. Go to the local grocery store and take moving boxes from them. They will be happy to get rid of them. Use towels and linen as moving paper and bubble wrap. Improve and adapt items that you have at home to serve you as packing supplies.
Stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx by throwing a goodbye party
If there is one single thing that will help you stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx, it is planning a simple goodbye party. It does not have to be expensive, or full of decoration. Just invite some of your dearest people and have a little bit of fun. Order food in, bring out all the social games that you have and just forget about everything else.
Benefits of moving to the Bronx
Although the Bronx is usually associated with high crime rates, you can relax, because those rates are going down. There are more and more reasons to fully enjoy your life in the Bronx every day.
- Low prices – Rent is considerably cheaper in the Bronx due to its notorious past. However, it is not just that the rent is cheaper, you can buy a house as well at a reasonable price. One square ft costs about $300, so you can begin the quest for your new dream house, and forget about renting apartments.
- Public transportation – Highly praised public transportation will take you to Manhatten in no time. The buses and trains are reliable, they are always on time and there are not too crowded. The same can be said for the Bronx MTA subway as well. You can go pretty much everywhere around the city and never be late.
- Parking spaces – If own a car and prefer this way of transportation, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Vacant parking spots are not just a legend in the Bronx and they are usually free. In this way, you will avoid all the stress and frustration that accompanies your search for a place to park.
The best tip on how to stay in a good mood when moving to the Bronx is to relax. Try to relax as often as you can, and do one thing at a time. Your move will happen and everything will turn out to be just fine. You will be able to enjoy your new Bronx living room in no time. We promise you that soon you will sleep in a cozy bed without thinking about how will you transport moving boxes. Good luck!